Friday, June 27, 2008

我会讲华语

“Chinese Classes start june 10 at t22433 from 530pm to 830pm. Every Tuesday and Thursday. June 10, 12, 17, 19. July 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17. Lesson plan will be given during first lesson. Thanks"

I got to admit that I AM A BANANA!! [Not the Siti type of banana^^] I am Yellow skin-ed but white inside. Rate my Chinese on a scale of 1 to 10, I would most likely give myself a 4, giving credit for being able to speak in a somewhat understandable manner, to write in an almost-primary-school standard and to able to watch Chinese Television Drama without a dictionary.

Chinese have always been a nightmare for me and I am a regular attendant to Chinese 听写重考spelling re-tests.Anyone remembered the HSK paper?? I am proud to say that my result was only one mark below A. =X I only need another mark… [Wonder if YanLi or Clare is willing to donate a single mark?]

Chinese classes have been fun, embarrassing, but fun. Xinfei trying to read the alien-like words, answering questions, translating my English answers into Chinese to the teacher.For some reasons, I could understand what he is saying, what the passage is explaining but when asked to explain in my own Chinese words, I will have a mental block. I guess I can only go from Chinese to English and not English to Chinese.

去中国是一回事,要在那里读书上课又是另外一回事。以我现在的华文成度来看,要在那里和其他的同学一起上课是有一点问题。谁来救救我?!

It was a HUGE relief for me when I heard that MAJORITY of the assignments (which can be anything from 51% to 99%) will be given to us in English.But attending lectures and classes in Chinese.. I can’t really imagine.

It is somewhat like my greatest fear, and for some reason, I voluntarily jumped into my own nightmare.

Anyone with an ENGLISH-CHINESE DICTIONARY?? =X

Countdown to flight: 66 days

No comments: